6 Quick Tips to Show Yourself Some Love
We all struggle with self love, but this is the basis for healthy and effective functioning. Here are 6 tips on how you can improve your ability to love yourself more:
1. Get some fresh air. Step outside and take a breath in to fill your lung with fresh, crisp air. Listen to the sounds, look at the colors, and feel the air around you. Use this time to unwind and be mindful of your surroundings.
2. Stay connected. Call a friend, spend time with family, or set up an appointment with a mental health professional. Connection to others in an essential need and can positively impact you.
3. Be mindful. Focus on the present. Be aware of where you are and what you’re doing. Free yourself from judgment of whatever you’re feeling. Don’t try to interpret the feeling, be curious and kind to yourself.
4. Be kind. It’s been a hard two years (maybe longer). Give yourself a break. It’s okay to not be okay. Tell that little mean voice in your head to go away. Replace that voice with three positive affirmations.
5. Take care of your body. Practice a healthy, consistent sleep routine. Eat healthy and drink more water. Implement physical activity. Most importantly, listen. Your body gives you warning signs and knows when you need a break.
6. Unplug. You’re reading this. If you made it this far, how long have you been scrolling? Yes, you! Put down the phone, shut the computer, or turn off the tablet. Instead, have a conversation, read a book, listen to music, go outside, cook a meal, or be present with others nearby.