As a part of the Police and Public Safety track, you will have the opportunity to provide therapy and psychological assessments to first responders and/their family members. Your work with First Responders will also include conducting pre-employment evaluations, fitness for duty evaluations, and counseling. Depending on need, the opportunity to provide therapy groups may be available. As a postdoc resident you will receive weekly individual supervision, biweekly agency-wide group supervision, and monthly staff meetings.
- Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer and Chief Clinical Officer, the Police and Public Safety Post-Doctoral Resident is responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating.
- Conducting intakes with First Responders.
- Providing evidence-based mental health counseling and psychotherapy to First Responders.
- Identifying culturally appropriate treatment to meet First Responders' experiences and individual needs.
- Working with First Responders to set SMART goals and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Giving First Responders adequate resources to gain insight through a strength-based approach to treatment.
- Identifying social, emotional, and cultural barriers that may inhibit a First Responders’ psychological well-being.
- Conducting pre-employment evaluations to determine suitability for employment.
- Provide didactic presentations to all staff on a topic of interest and/or participate in CEU training with independently licensed clinicians.
Ideal candidates meet the following qualifications:
- Completion of a PsyD or PhD in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited Doctoral Program
- Completion of an APPIC-member Doctoral Internship
- Experience or interest in working first responders
- National Provider Identifier NPI number
- Individual professional malpractice liability insurance policy ($1mil/$3mil)
Why Clinicians Choose Pillars
Career growth is our goal! Pillars works to help you create your ideal caseload working with a population that you enjoy.
Our goal is our team members' growth. Whether you are a newly licensed clinician, an intern, or a resident we have created an organization that has unlimited potential. We are invested in the personal and professional growth of our team.
This position allows for flexibility to manage your schedule and caseload to best meet your needs, so you’re able to provide the care to yourself and therefore be the most effective therapist you can be.
No Cost to You
We provide the administrative support that you need to focus on your clinical work, with insurance claim submission, eligibility verification, recruitment, contract negotiations, etc. We take care of the hassles of clinical practice, so our clinicians can be the experts their clients need!
Your Wellness is Our Passion
Wellness looks different to all of us and we aim to help you find that balance to be your best self. We believe that having healthy and happy clinicians on our team allows us to provide the best services to our community.
- Salaried Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive Compensation
- Individual Clinician Marketing
- Flexible Schedule
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation time
- Leadership/Growth Opportunities
- Wellness Days
- Tuition discount at Purdue Global University