The need for therapy services for university students has exponentially grown over the last several years. Our University Counseling Program aims to assist universities with coordinating student referrals and provide university students with prompt and compassionate mental health care.
Reporting to our Director of University Counseling, the University Counseling Therapist is responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating clients experiencing mental health and psychological distress. The University Counseling Therapist should have knowledge of stressors and challenges that may occur for university students, as well as have basic knowledge of university resources and services.
- Providing evidence-based mental health counseling and psychotherapy to students.
- Identifying culturally appropriate treatment to meet students' experiences and individual needs.
- Working with students to set SMART goals and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Giving students adequate resources to gain insight through a strength-based approach to treatment.
- Provide assessments and assist students with career indecisiveness.
- Identifying social, emotional, and cultural barriers that may inhibit a student's psychological wellbeing.
- Conducting group therapy sessions for students based on specific needs (e.g., anger management, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, etc.).
- Conduct workshops for student organizations, athletic teams and student housing.
- Referring students internally to an appropriate provider or externally to other health professionals.
- Supporting students in identifying additional resources at their university, local or online communities such as social services, job services, and support groups.
In order to be an approved Pillars Provider, we will need you to possess the following:
- Valid mental health licensure LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAC, LPCC, Clinical Psychology PsyD/PhD (independent or provisional)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI number)
- Completed Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare CAQH application
- Individual professional malpractice liability insurance policy ($1mil/$3mil)
Why Clinicians Choose Pillars
Career growth is our goal! Pillars works to help you create your ideal caseload working with a population that you enjoy.
Our goal is our team members' growth. Whether you are a newly licensed clinician or an intern, we have created an organization that has unlimited potential. We are invested in the personal and professional growth of our team.
This position allows for flexibility to manage your schedule and caseload to best meet your needs, so you’re able to provide the care to yourself and therefore be the most effective therapist you can be.
No Cost to You
We provide the administrative support that you need to focus on your clinical work, with insurance claim submission, eligibility verification, recruitment, contract negotiations, etc. We take care of the hassles of clinical practice, so our clinicians can be the experts their clients need!
Your Wellness is Our Passion
Wellness looks different to all of us and we aim to help you find that balance to be your best self. We believe that having healthy and happy clinicians on our team allows us to provide the best services to our community.
- Competitive Compensation
- Individual Clinician Marketing
- Leadership/Growth Opportunities