As the need for youth therapy services continues to increase, we are finding that meeting this demand by providing mental health counseling in the school is beneficial and reduces the interference with extra-curricular activities and parents managing work schedules. Our school-based program is designed to offer individual and group therapy services to students at their individual schools during school hours.
Reporting to our Coordinator of School-Based Services, the School-Based Therapist is responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating clients experiencing mental health and psychological distress within the school setting.
- Providing evidence-based mental health counseling and psychotherapy to students.
- Identifying culturally appropriate treatment to meet students' experiences and individual needs.
- Consulting with the school’s social worker(s), as appropriate, to ensure effective treatment for students.
- Working with students to set SMART goals and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Giving students adequate resources to gain insight through a strength-based approach to treatment.
- Identifying social, emotional, and cultural barriers that may inhibit a student's psychological wellbeing.
- Conducting group therapy sessions for students based on specific needs (e.g., anger management, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, etc.).
- Referring students internally to an appropriate provider or externally to other health professionals.
- Supporting students and/or parents in identifying additional resources in their local or online communities such as social services, job services, and support groups.
In order to be an approved Pillars Provider, we will need you to possess the following:
- Valid mental health licensure LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAC, LPCC, Clinical Psychology PsyD/PhD (independent or provisional)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI number)
- Completed Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare CAQH application
- Individual professional malpractice liability insurance policy ($1mil/$3mil)
Why Clinicians Choose Pillars
Career growth is our goal! Pillars works to help you create your ideal caseload working with a population that you enjoy.
Our goal is our team members' growth. Whether you are a newly licensed clinician or an intern, we have created an organization that has unlimited potential. We are invested in the personal and professional growth of our team.
When school is in session, your client schedule fits nicely within school hours, and during school holidays and breaks, you have the flexibility to manage your schedule and caseload to best meet your needs, so you’re able to provide the care to yourself and therefore be the most effective therapist you can be.
No Cost to You
We provide the administrative support that you need to focus on your clinical work, with insurance claim submission, eligibility verification, recruitment, contract negotiations, etc. We take care of the hassles of clinical practice, so our clinicians can be the experts their clients need!
Your Wellness is Our Passion
Wellness looks different to all of us and we aim to help you find that balance to be your best self. We believe that having healthy and happy clinicians on our team allows us to provide the best services to our community.
- Competitive Compensation
- Individual Clinician Marketing
- Leadership/Growth Opportunities